About Fairless Hills
The history behind the Perkasie community is full of tragedy, recovery, eventual growth, more tragedy, more recovery, and continued growth. The land was originally settled by William Penn in the early 1700s and the population grew to 300 people by 1880 and 460 people by 1890.
In 1890, a large fire broke out in the small town, destroying 12 buildings in its path. The fire resulted in the town forming the Hope Fire Company, which proved to be a major turning point for the town. By the mid-1900s, Perkasie was known for producing hand-stitched baseballs.
Things took another turn for the worse in 1988 when The Great Perkasie Fire destroyed nearly 15% of the town, including several historical buildings. The town again came together and formed the Downtown Restoration Task Force, which was instrumental in the town’s recovery.
Perkasie is bounded by Ridge Rd. to the north, Lake Lenape Park to the west, Pennridge Central Middle School to the south, and Callowhill Rd. to the east. Don’t forget to check out the South Perkasie Covered Bridge, Lenape Park, Menlo Park, Pleasant Spring Creek, and more!