Common Causes of Fire Damage in Chestnut Hill
Anyone who owns a home in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia understands that a house fire can occur at any time of any day. Some fires happen randomly without warning, while others are 100% preventable. Either way, homeowners need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.
Don’t worry, we’re going to break down some of the most common causes of fire damage in the Chestnut Hill area:
- Cooking – whether you’re using the stovetop burners, oven, microwave, or toaster, you should always be aware of fire dangers inside the home.
- Electrical – every home is filled with outlets and electrical wiring that can start a fire at any moment. Always be on the lookout for faulty wiring in the home!
- Smoking – although it’s not as popular as it once was, smoking inside the home can cause a wide range of issues, including fire damage.
- Candles – most people absolutely love burning candles inside their home, but you should never leave them unattended due to the risk of a fire starting.
- Fireplace – if you’re lucky enough to have a fireplace inside your home, make sure there are no flammable objects surrounding it.
When a fire starts, time is of the essence. No matter what the cause of the fire is, it can easily spread in the blink of an eye if not dealt with in a timely manner. If it’s safe to do so, grab the fire extinguisher and do what you can to prevent the spread. If not, evacuate the home immediately.
When to Call Your Restoration Company
As soon as the fire is extinguished and you’ve evacuated the property safely, you should contact your local Chestnut Hill and Philadelphia disaster restoration company immediately. They’ll be your lifeline when returning your Chestnut Hill home back to its original condition.
At Priority Restoration, we take great pride in serving the Chestnut Hill community. If you’ve experienced fire damage, Philadelphia PA residents can trust our experienced professionals with the best restoration services in the city. With our help, it’ll be as if a fire never happened!
Contact us today and we’ll send a professional your way in no time. Together, we’ll put a smile on you and your family’s face during this difficult time.